Cyber security is something that is constantly on our mind here at Portway Systems. This is because, according to Bloomberg, cyber security related issues costs companies around $400 Billion a year on average. The travel industry is not immune to this problem…
One of the easiest ways to curb these losses in your travel agency is to train your employees to create a more secure email environment. Staff plays a crucial part in the security of your company, and employees who are unaware of the onslaught of cyber threats are a liability to the safety of your data assets. It is therefore of utmost importance that they are always up-to-date on the best procedures to keep the company safe.
In an effort to save you and your travel business from the horrors of a cyber-attack, here is a list of tips that help safeguard your tech environment.
- Never open links or attachments from unknown persons.
- Don’t respond to emails that request a password change and require you to divulge personal information — no matter how official the source appears.
- Ensure antivirus and anti-spy software is updated on your computer.
- Encrypt any emails containing sensitive data before sending.
- Don’t use your company email address to send and receive personal emails.
- Don’t automatically forward company emails to a third-party email system.
- Create strict standards for company-related Mobile Device usage
Mobile Devices have become an important tool of the workforce, and with them comes another wave of cyber threats. Making sure your employees have password-protected devices, encrypt emails, and download approved security applications to help keep the mobile data safe is very important.